Friday, April 17, 2009

In a rut

So I am sitting here next to a pile of papers that need to be graded, homework of my own that needs to be done. My family is watching a movie that I have no desire to watch, and all I want to do is go upstairs and go to bed. I don't want to read a book, not that I have any new ones to read. In fact the ones that I have hold absolutely no interest for me. This fact is really sad as I have more than 1000 books here in my house.

I have been playing on line thinking about changing my blog around. Only nothing appeals to me. I walked around the store and the mall today ranting and raving about a move that I know is the right move. I have prayed about it more than once and have fasted about it, and received a blessing, all of them telling me that we are making the right decision.

I have not pleasant feelings about a member of our family, because of a lot of things, but mainly because I had a name picked out, a name that no one had ever even thought of using for a girls name it is so unusual and without asking me if it was okay to use this name she used it. I found out when we got the birth announcement. This was a huge blow. I know that we will not be having anymore children, but there was always the hope in the back of my heart that I would get that baby girl and be able to name her this name. We have always told the boys that they have to name their first daughters these names. So when I got the announcement I felt like it was a slap in my face.

Everyone has told me to let it go, however I think that the time has come to vent my spleen so to speak as it has been festering inside of me. I can't go to the temple this next week with this inside of me. My only concern is that it will be taken wrong and I will cause problems in the family. I don't want to do this, however if I don't say something these feelings will only get worse until I turn into my mother.

I have realized that this person is making me not want to do what I know we need to do. The thought of living near her makes me want to move to another country. I have never got along with this person. I feel that she is a selfish, all about me person, and when she is around my family is shoved to the background.

So I am going to pray about it and then decide if disrupting the family with my feelings is worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I understand how you feel to a degree. When Dan and I were pregnant with our first (Gabriel) we tossed names back an forth and finally settled somewhat on Aiden. We told Dan's mom and one of his sisters about it. Then we get a call from his other sister furious that we would dare use that name since she had just named her son that. How could we not have known? Simply because this was the first time we'd spoken with this particular sister in over a year and while we did know she'd had a son, we never got a birth announcement or any information regarding this child. It was a huge mess. We ended up selecting another name (obviously), but it still sticks in my mind. I guess the point of my rambling comment to your rambling rant, is that communication is the key. Did she get the name from you? If so, ask her why she chose to use it and why she didn't ask you first. If not, ask her where she got the name and add that you had always liked it. There are always people we don't get along with, but some fights just aren't work the aggrevation.

    Above all? Do not let it keep you from the temple. And if you can't get along with her go to the temple every time she wants to spend time with your family after you move ;)

    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Karen...glad to know that I am not the only one. The thing with our name is that it is very rare, and so the only way that she could have gotten it was to *steal* it from me.

    ReplyDelete