Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weight Loss

So I have been struggling with my weight for years now. At my heaviest I topped out at 185 (this past winter). In the spring I decided to do weight watchers and also to do Biggest Loser with some ladies from church. I came in second losing almost 10 lbs. Then I proceeded to put some back on, what with Mat being in the hospital, and moving, I had some bad eating habits.

Then the other day happened and I got on scale for the first time in a couple of weeks and I about had a heart attack. I had put more weight on. So with the start of a new week, I resolved to start doing weight watchers again, to weigh myself faithfully once a week, and exercise at least three times a week. I am keeping a daily log of what I eat, and how much I exercise and weighing myself once a week.

Knowing myself Mike and I came up with a reward system for me. I am putting the total amount of weight that I want to lose in dollars and in an envelope, and every week when I weigh myself the amount of weight that I lose I get that amount in money, however if I gain I have to take that amount out of the envelop. Once I have hit my target weight I get to spend the money on whatever I want (a new wardrobe).

So here's to my new resolve to lose 50lbs and to get healthy. Every week I am going to blog about my success so far.

So from this point on until I hit my target weight this blog is devoted to my weight lose journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment