Friday, March 20, 2015

loving yourself....why is it so bloody hard?

Every day when I wake up I have to decide if I'm going to get out of bed or stay in bed and pretend the world around me doesn't exist.

That I have friends.

That it will matter to my teenagers whether I get up or not.

That my husband isn't going to ask me a hundred times if I'm going to get out of bed or not.

So I get up.

Somedays I take a shower and put on actual clothes and not my pajamas.

Somedays I even do my hair and make-up.

Those are the days where I love myself enough to do them.

Then there are the days where I may or may not put on a clean pair of pajamas.

When my hair is a rats nest.

When I can't remember the last time I put make-up on or even washed my face.

It's on those days that I'm at my worst.

Why are those days the worst?

Because it's on those days that I feel like I'm unimportant to anyone.

Unlovable.

In the last couple of weeks I've been reminded of something that I forgot somewhere along my journey of life.

That thing I forgot is simple and yet huge.

I forgot that I'm a Daughter of God, AND HE LOVES ME!

He loves me on my good days, and my bad.

He loves me when I feel like no one else in the world loves me.

He loves me enough to give me the trials that I've had so that I can become stronger and help others who will go through what I've gone through.

But most important HE LOVES ME.

So if God loves me, why can't I love me?

The simple answer is because society today tells us that if we don't fit in a certain mold we aren't lovable.

The difficult answer is that because society tell us that if we don't fit in a certain mold we aren't lovable.

When I was 12 one of my church leaders gave a lesson and told us to look in the mirror every morning and say, I'm lovable because God loves me. I'm lovable because I love me.

If we say it enough we'll believe it.

So I'm going to say it. Not only that I'm going to write it on my mirror. Not just my mirror but my sons mirror as well.

I found this wall art that I'm going to buy and hang where everyone...especially me can see it to remind myself that even on the days when I don't love myself God does.


Here's the link to buy it for yourself 

2 comments: